Monday, November 3, 2008

Turtle Cuisine! スッポン料理!

Well here it is folks, turtle cuisine! Remember this picture from byoudoin in Uji?
(from August's Big trip) 鼈料理来た!8月の旅行から、宇治市にある平等院で撮った写真を覚えていますか?
Well when we called grandma on the way to Hiroshima, she said that she had already made reservations for turtle cuisine. I dedicate this entry to Foof back at home. Enjoy the show! 広島に行く途中にお婆ちゃんに電話した時に、夕食はスッポン料理だと分かりました!フーフッの(弟)ためにこのポストを作ってきました。楽しんで下さい!

First stop: sashimi (raw) and turtle eggs! 最初は刺身と亀の卵!
Are you thinking what I'm thinking you are think? Yep this is turtle blood--mixed with wine. We left it up to Hatsumi's great Aunt to take care of everyone's portion. 思う通り、亀の血とワイン!皆のを初美の曾叔母さんに任せました。
Deep fried turtle! Actually pretty good! There were soo many little knobby bones that it was a little difficult to eat, but the flavor of the deep fried turtle was pretty good. から揚げ!これは結構美味しかったです。たくさんの骨が入っててちょっと食べにくかったです。でも美味しかったです。
Nabe! Boiled with vegetables. なべ!
TURTLE?! 亀?!
Is that skin? We still haven't decided...but I think it's fairly clear. This came out of the pot above. Turtle on the right vegetables on the left. 肌?まだ決めていないのですが、でも分かりやすいと思います。上のなべから。右は亀、左は野菜。
Turtle shell anyone? You can actually only nibble off the very end of the shell. The rest is hard bone. 甲羅を食べませんか。端のところだけ柔らかくて食べられました。他は骨だけ。
All the juice from the previous pot mixed with rice. This was good too. 浄水。これも美味しかったです。
The aftermath. Bones bones bones (and shell)! 残り。骨、骨、骨(また甲羅!)

I'll attach this picture one more time for comparison! 比較するために、またこの写真を付けましょう。
I think I'll stick with KFC. KFCのほうがましかな。。。

No comments: