This is in a park we visited. Many people we feeding the ducks. A bunch of coi fish also came with their mouths wide open trying to get a bite. (Expand to see better) 遊びに行った公園です。たくさんの人が鴨にパンを食べさせたのですが、何かいいもの貰うために、口を開けてやって来ている鯉もいました。(よりよく見れるように拡大して下さい。)
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Ibaraki 茨城
Hatsumi and I left Tokyo Saturday afternoon and headed north to Ibaraki. Her Mom`s side of the family live there and we spent time Monday afternoon there until we drove back to Gifu. 土曜日の昼に初美と東京を出て、茨城に向けて行きました。彼女のお母さんの家族はそのに住んでいます。月曜日の昼まで、そこで泊まりました。
The little boy in this statue is the last of the Tokugawa line to reign during the Tokugawa Shogunate. After him, the Tokugawa`s stepped down for the Meiji Restoration to take place. この像に描かれている子供は徳川幕府で主権の持っていた最後の将軍です。彼以来、徳川家は主権を諦めて、明治維新が始まりました。
Sunday evening we got together with a bunch of Hatsumi's family for food and fun. Hatsumi had an opportunity to share what she has done with family history with most of her relatives. They were all really interested and wanted copy. An excellent experience! 日曜日の夜、初美の親戚と一緒に夕食を食べました。初美は今まで調べてきた系図について分かち合うことができました。皆はとても興味深く、コピーをお願いしたのですか。素晴らしい経験でした。
These are some of Hatsumi's Uncles. 初美の叔父さんの二人。
They also had a massage chair. Orange feet? マッサージの椅子もありました。オレンジ足とは?
This is Hatsumi's Uncle who we stayed with. Their house in the background. 泊まらせてくれた初美の叔父さん。彼の家は背景にあります。
And her Aunt 初美の叔母さん。
The little red Honda Fit is the car we've been traveling around in. よくあちこちまで運転している赤い本田フィット。
Before taking off for Gifu we stopped by a park Hatsumi went to a lot when she was little. This area was a part of "Eggland" where everything was related to eggs. 岐阜に帰る前に、小さい頃よく遊んでいた公園に遊びに行ってきました。公園にあるエッグランドというところにいます。全部は卵と関係しています。
There was a firetruck ride I had to go on. 消防車のライド。
Uncle Nick would be so proud :) ニック叔父は喜ぶだろう。
I was too heavy to ride the REALLY slowly moving elephant, but Hatsumi was just fine. とてもゆっくり走る象さんに乗るには僕は重すぎましたが、初美は大丈夫でした。
This is the blowup bunny I won at the alligator pounding game in the park. Hatsumi and I rented bicycles to ride around the park. If a gaijin (foreigner) on a bike doesn't stand out enough, how about a gaijin with a big blow up pink and yellow bunny in the front basket? Yep I probably was more of a hazard to all the people looking at me while passing on bikes. Ookii usagi! (big bunny) was heard more than once from kids I passed... :) ワニを叩くゲームで勝った大きなウサギです。初美と僕は公園の中を乗るために自転車を借りたのです。自転車に乗っている外人が目立つなら、確かにピンクと黄色のでかいウサギさんが前の籠に入っている自転車に乗っている外人がもっと目立つでしょう。多くの僕を通っている人が、僕を見ていたから、かなりの危険だったでしょう。「大きいウサギ!」と何度も言われました。。。:)
We left for Gifu after stopping at McDonalds. Tokyo was bumper to bumper for a while, but we managed to get back after about 7 1/2 hours on the road. マクドナルドで食べてから、岐阜に向かって行きました。東京はとても混雑していましたが、7時間半したら岐阜に着きました。
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment