Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Gobo! 御坊!

This past weekend I visited my 2nd Area, Gobo! I left just after 10 in the morning on Friday and arrived at 4:21 pm that afternoon. この前の週末に伝道中の2番目のエリアの御坊に行ってきました!金曜日の午前10時過ぎぐらい出て、お昼の4時21分に着きました。

The Okamotos came to see me at the train station and took me to Inami-cho. 岡本家は駅まで向かいに来て、印南町まで連れて行ってくれました。 The Sugimoto`s house where I stayed for 2 nights. 2泊してた杉本家の家です。ありがとう!
Minami chan. まなみちゃん。
Manami chan gave me a tour of Inami cho. まなみちゃんは印南町のツアーをしてくれました。

The famous `Frog Bridge` of Inami cho. 印南町にある有名な蛙橋です! 蛙橋についてもっと詳しく知りたいお方、こちらへhttp://www.town.inami.wakayama.jp/html/sangyo/kaeru.html Remember to look both ways before you cross!  右よし!左よし!
Back home. 帰ったところ。お疲れ!
The Tatsudas who live in Gobo. 御坊市に住んでいる龍田夫婦。

She is and Tea Ceremony teacher. 茶道の先生。
A river runs through...Gobo :). 御坊の中に流れている川。



This is the rice paddy which separated our apartment from the Okamotos. They`ve since moved. 私の前のアパートと岡本家の間にある田んぼ。岡本家はもう引っ越して行きました。
My old apartment! (second from the right on the bottom). 前のアパート!(下、右側から2番目)
This is where we put our bikes! 前に使って自転車の置き場。
The part of the company name in charge of the apartment is 日栄 or nichiei--which are the same characters used for the Celestial Kingdom! In Gobo, wouldn`t you know it... アパートを管理している会社の社名の一部は「日栄」です。「日の栄え」と同じ字じゃないですか。御坊だっけ。。。:)
Here`s how we separated our garbage. ゴミの分け方。
Apartment! Can you find mine? アパート!私の部屋が見つかりましたか。
Ah Gobo! 御坊!
Fake castle in Gobo used for weddings, etc. 結婚式などのためによく使われている偽者のお城。(そうでしたっけ?)
I had some extra time so I bought a cheap hat and walked around Gobo for a bit (if you couldn`t tell already :) ). This is a book store that we passed a lot but never went in because we couldn`t as missionaries. I finally got to make my visit. :) もう分かったと思いますが。少し時間があったから、安い帽子を買って少し御坊を歩き回りました。これは伝道中によく通ってた本屋さんです。宣教師として入れなかったですが、今回やっとは入れてきました。
McDonald`s and the famous Roman City Shopping Center! マクドナルドと有名なローマンシティーのショッピングセンター!

Gobo Train Station. 御坊駅。
I found the church on the way. 途中で教会を見つけました。
Top left is the church! 上の左側は教会です。
Manami chan showing me pictures. 写真を見せてくれているまなみちゃん。
Cheese! チーズ!
Bon odori (Bon Dance) Festival. I was dark but depending on the brightness of your computer you still may be able to discover what is hidden in the darkness! 盆踊りの祭り!ちょっと暗かったですが、コンピューターの明るさで何か見れるかもしれません。




Manami chan wearing a yukata (summer kimono). ゆかたを着ているまなみちゃん。
The Sugimotos and friend. Wakana chan, Manami chan, and Sho kun (friend) and Brother and Sister Sugimoto. 杉本家と友達。わかなちゃん、まなみちゃん、しょう君(友達)、杉本兄弟姉妹。


The Kinoshitas. They feed me lunch on Sunday. 木下夫婦。日曜日お昼でご馳走になりました。
With their daughter Miyako. 娘の美也子。
I also visited with the Takemuras soon after. They also fed me a meal! 竹村家にも訪問して、ご馳走になりました!
Inami-cho and Gobo were so much fun! 印南町と御坊はとても楽しかったです!

4 comments:

Aryn said...

Looks like you are having a BLAST Corey!!! When do you have to come home?

Zack said...

I love no place more than Gobo. I seriously almost got emotional when I saw the kinoshita's and the sugimoto's. They are my absolute favorite members. Seriously I am so jealous. Seriously thank you so much for letting me know that you had a blog

Corey said...

Travis and Aryn-I'm coming November 24th

Corey said...

Zack-I really love Gobo as well. I'm glad you enjoy the blog!